Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The boys of summer

I haven't posted in a long long time.  Quite frankly, I sometimes get tired of the fishing interwebs and feel like it becomes wash, rinse, and repeat.  I continue to do what I do, however, which is work, fish, and spend time with my family.  

I've managed to make it east for a couple trips this August, each with a different buddy of mine.  Both times the weather as HOT as could be.  The trade off for the extreme heat is that the W(ind) was quite tame.  We moved fish every session and Chad and I experience the hottest double I've even been witness to.  

A controversial topic seems to come up this time of year, every year:

Low Holing

It is not cool to drop in below a fly angler that is fishing the swing and step method.  Some runs are quite long. Some runs do not have a well defined beginning or end.  Some runs are very popular with spinner, fly, and nymph fisherman.  In any circumstance, communication should be the top priority.  Because a fly angler works down river does not mean he is trying to "own" the entire river.  I've heard that copout way too many times from folks who don't want to behave like adults. 

I kind of see fishing parallel golf a bit here.  Do you show up to the course, race ahead of the group before you, and start putting on the green?  No, you wait your turn as everyone gets their shot.  If someone is slow, you communicate with them and can ask to play through.  Same goes with fishing.  

I will also add this:  If someone asks to follow you through on a good sized run, there should be no reason to deny them.  After fishing through my short camp water run several times, I hiked upstream about 1/2 mile to another run I knew had shade on it.  There was an angler about 1/2 way done with the 150 yard run.  I got his attention to ask if he minded if I followed him through.  He requested that I didn't because it "was his only water to fish until the jet boat came back to pick him up in 30 minutes".  I respected his request and hiked back.  I didn't think it was cool, but that is life.  

I say all this to say, I haven't been low holed this year, but I have been before.  And I will again.  A little respect will go a long way on the river.  Fortunately, most people get this. 


A beauty nate

This guy jumped about 5 times

We save the lil' guys for Simon

Hatchery Steelhead, its what's for dinner.



1 comment:

  1. 應考號碼 / 考生姓名。
    09UD010058。
    朔朔*策策。吃青蛙湯。


    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    詳述大一至今求學經驗、轉學動機、學習規劃及未來生涯規劃,文件請繕打並
    用 A4 紙張輸出。
    求學經驗:把最後一個答案公式框起來
    轉學動機:想研究出好的粒子物理學
    Bose 粒子
    1. guage bosons
    2. leptons
    3. light mesons
    4. strange mesons
    5. charmed mesons
    6. charmed, strange mesons
    7. beauty mesons
    8. beauty, strange mesons
    9. beauty, charmed mesons
    10. c 夸克偶素
    11. b 夸克偶素
    Fermi 粒子的重子
    1. 核子
    2. 激態核子
    3. Δ baryons
    4. Strange baryons
    5. Charmed baryons
    6. Beauty baryons
    學習規劃及未來生涯規劃:多查緝書本的時效性與正確性
    因為未來要多以科學觀點考據真實性

    排序 志願選項
    臺灣大學電機工程學系

    ReplyDelete