Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Roguesational Part 1

I was fortunate enough to get invited on a weekend trip to the Rogue to fish for Springers. I jumped at the chance even though it meant trading my spey rod for a Loomis or a Lamiglas.

We buzzed out of town on Friday afternoon and got the boat in the water by 5:30. We checked out a few spots and anchored in a nice inside turn that looked juicy. I'm a rookie at fishing for Salmon and Chad was gracious enough to answer all of my dumb questions. We put the spinners out the back and I asked "have you ever had a fish right after you put the lines out?" Well, no more than 10 minutes later the rod slammed down and it was on. The fish took an amazing initial run across the river and down. We followed him downstream, through a rapid, and finally got him into a slow pool. First fish, 30lb Chromer with sea lice still on it!

Stay tuned for part 2 and 3.



Chad with his slick sled


Mr. Tubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment